Wednesday, August 6, 2014

You Win Some, You Give Up Some, You Love More.

Here you go
All alone,
Making butterflies show
First it's slow.

Then you take my hand,
Let me cry,
Flick the insecurities off my shoulder.
You smell nice,
And your chest is warm.
And your heartbeat speaks to me.

Oh darling, it's been a long day.
We work too hard
Didn't we have dreams?
Still there, tucked in the corner.
In a box that whispers at night.

You tell me we can open it anytime.
I can do anything,
Or so you insist.

I can't hide the grins.
They fight for control of my features.

My lips taste salty, but now somehow sweeter.

Fingers twist my hair,
Soft forehead kisses.
You gently promise the world
With every intention of delivering.

I am selfish, for needing you so.
You know I am selfish, but pretend I am a saint.
What a nice gesture.

Your cheeks poke mine.  Little scruffy prickles.
Giggles and jokes.
Tickling, which you know I hate.
I pretend to be mad.
Maybe I am a little mad.

It isn't fair, how easy you make life to be.
Can we stay here, above the earth forever?

Hold me dearest, until morning.
Oh, I love you.


1 comment:

janina said...

Beautiful!