Hello love, I'm happy to see you again.
Let's do what I do best, and talk in depth about my life.
As you may recall, I lost my job a couple months back. At the time, it felt like getting dumped. I had poured my heart and soul into a relationship, and felt it was mutual. When I was let go, I was told that I was perfect for the company, yet there was too high a percentage of office error. When that happens, they are obligated to cut down the areas where the highest level of error lies. At the time that made sense to me. A company has to make money to survive. This was a business. I hadn't realized I had fallen so far off the track. I left that job feeling guilty. A failure. After all, in my exit interview, hadn't they said I was perfect for this company?
After the shock wore off, and I was feeling more myself again, I stepped back and realized that my old job has a massive flaw. I wonder if they realize.
I've debated writing about this for some time. Because I still consider the people I worked with there, some of the highest caliber of people I've ever met. I'm sure a handful of them will read this. But if nothing else, I gotta keep myself honest.
See working there, they work hard to make it fun. And making people feel valued. Which I love.
But.
Let's go back to my relationship analogy.
If you are dating someone who tells you you are perfect, makes your life fun, and constantly emphasizes that you are part of a family, you expect that relationship to last, providing your efforts are mutual, of course.
Here is what will always leave a slightly bitter taste in my mouth about that job -
Don't promote that the office is a "family" if you have a capacity limit on their strengths and weaknesses. And don't promote the office is a "family" if you don't acknowledge them after you let them go. (Liking my Facebook status once in a while hardly counts).
I stand by that company as a great one, and I would recommend their services, hands-down over their competition. But sometimes there are gaping holes you don't see until you are on the other side.
Anyone who has lost a "great" job can level with me on that one.
Now fast forward to the present.
Oh goodness, there will be a whole separate blog post on this soon, I promise.
I will just say though...
My life has transformed 100% in the most incredible way.
I won't go into a ton of detail yet, but I won't leave you entirely in the dark.
I am healthier then I've been in years.
I get to spend my days at home with my son.
I am actually going to be able to finish my books. Hallelujah.
I will be able to help my husband quit his job soon (Oh, that gives me goosebumps).
Which means my husband and I get to work together, from home.
Or from Europe. Which is also in the plans.
My husband can enjoy going to school, minus the rat-race pressure.
We are able to hand-pick the people we want to work with.
(On a slightly braggy note, sorry, but it helps that a large percentage of these people are wildly successful millionaires).
Best of all, I've never been more at peace with myself. Guys, it turns out, I am pretty awesome.
Yep, that's what I said.

No comments:
Post a Comment