I think, therefore I am.
(Aren't you impressed with my fancy Latin knowledge?)
Over the last few months I have looked in depth at the power of thought. I've read several books and experimented in applying a lot of my findings to myself.
Take a look at this gem:
"Mind is the Master--
Power that molds and makes,
And Man is Mind,
And ever more he takes
The Tool of Thought,
And shaping what he wills,
Brings forth a thousand joys,
A thousand ills--
He thinks in secret and it comes to pass;
Environment is but his looking-glass"
Consider that. The effect of any experience we have is molded purely by the power of our minds. Man is mind, therefore, we are able to control and use that tool to shape our experiences for good or bad. Even the thoughts you do not act on are influencing you. The world around us, our lives, are reflections of how well we are wielding that tool.
When I have a bad day, I have begun to ask myself, "how am I using my greatest tool?" Being of course, my mind. Every time, I realize that the point in time where things go wrong, is the point when I have allowed my mind to run in the wrong direction.
This is not to say that our thoughts will always mold our environments to be ideal. If someone is rude to me, I can not think an apology out of them. I can, however, choose to think the best of that person, and refuse to allow those words to have a lasting effect.
That's an easy one. Let's get a little more gritty.
Let's say I've made some really bad choices that have landed me with a crippling addiction. It has depleted my health, mental wellness, and distanced my loved ones. I can not think those loved ones back to me, or erase my choices. But what can my tool accomplish? Tools are made to build. The power of thought can build a happy life, but I must learn how to handle it. Confront your weakness, make a conscious commitment, surround yourself with support, detach yourself from the opinions of those who don't support you.
What I am trying to get across is the miracle that YOUR THOUGHTS can get you through the most crucial elements of any goals you have in your life!
Try it, I dare you.
Just think about it.
Pun intended.

No comments:
Post a Comment