Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Blogtober Day 8: Dreams

This Blogtober thing is more difficult than I thought.  I'm a people pleaser, and I feel this intense pressure to crank out amazing content all the time.  That is not very realistic, so maybe this is good for me to learn.

I'm a little brain dead currently (late night last night), so I apologize in advance.

I lately have been subject to the most strange, vivid dreams.  Not that I put a lot of credibility into potential meanings and whatnot, but I still thought it could be fun.

So here are the last two dreams I remember.  Then, using a "dream interpreter", we shall see what is up.

1. Josh and I were in this massive glass skyscraper.  There wasn't much else, just barren land, a few huts and stores, and then this giant skyscraper.  At least like, 500 stories.  Then, alarms started to go off.  Josh and I looked out the window, and there is this HUGE robotic, mechanical creature coming for the building.  We are racing to get out of the skyscraper before this thing collides with it, but are running out of time.  Suddenly, Josh pushes a button somewhere, and a gel-like bubble envelops us, breaks through this window, and flies us to safety.

2. I came into the possession of a strange thimble-like device.  When I placed my finger inside, it grew into a hole midair, which allowed me to travel to different realms.  I traveled to one realm to find it was in the middle of a dreadful war.  For some reason, it was my job to help, and a horse was apparently crucial to a victory.  They had no horses, so I had to go back to my own world and find one.  When I did find a horse, it refused to go through the portal.  The dream ended with me trying to bribe the horse through the portal with cotton candy.

My brain.  I have no idea.

Here are the interpretations:

1. I have high ambitions and ideals, but am guarded about my feelings.  Things are currently not quite going the way I want them to, and perhaps I am making some self-destructive choices now and then.  I don't want to take responsibility for those choices, making it difficult to confront myself and my fears. However, my escape from harm signifies inevitable prosperity, and favorable events are yet to come.

2. I need to tend to the needs of others instead of pursuing selfish pleasures.  I have a tendency to romanticize things, and a desire to escape reality at times.  In spite of those habits, I need to learn to fight for things I want.  I may not be aggressive enough in all my current endeavors.  There is still higher knowledge I need to obtain.  Apparently, I am in control of my sexuality as well.  Good to know.

Hm.  Well.  I guess that gives me a lot to think about...

I don't think I will be translating my dreams very often.

No comments: